The big 3-0 for Too Funk Tuesday, and I must say its been a pleasure. Finding and celebrating new music has always been a passion and doing TFT is a real treat, Halloween. This week’s selections are an eclectic array of vibes and melodies — from chill wave to trapped hip-hop. Enjoy!
Young Franco – Don’t U Want Me Ft. Blair De Milo (Tyler Touché Remix)
This song is perfect for any set, with its love-in-the-air feel and pop-like vocals. It brings a perfectly danceable, uptempo BPM that includes a deep house breakdown and indie house feel.
Super chill and uplifting, Sailors brings the romance with an awesome track in “Crazy About You.” Add in a heavy bass kick with a didgeridoo-sounding synth to soul vocals and you have this memorizing beauty.
SOS told me about this track recently and its been a keeper ever since. Really groovy, mixing R&B with house — meaning energetic BPM and sensual vocals. Simple in its production but highly effective, this is a dancefloor breaker that would have everyone singing along as they get down.
The first in Keljet’s new mixtape series “Keljet Tapes” which is just an absolute odyssey into Nu Disco, Indie House, Funk and French Touchiness… including modern day breakdowns with deep house vibes and just pure sexiness. This is Too Funk Tuesday.
Here’s the tracklist too:
1. Moullinex – Take a Chance (Satin Jackets Remix) (Keljet Guitar Edit)
2. Patawawa ft Roman Kouder – Back to Life (Keljet Guitar Edit)
3. Phonat ft Jolie and the Key – Fire
4. Passion Pit & Madeon – Pay No Mind (Lemaitre Remix)
5. Cosmo’s Midnight feat Kucka – Walk With Me
6. Televisor ft Splitbreed – Break Loose (Ghassemi Remix) (Keljet Guitar Edit)
7. Gallant – Weight in Gold (Zimmer Remix)
8. Melissa Steel – You Love Me (Arches VIP Dub Remix)
9. NVOY – Girl
10. Go Freek & Dom Dolla – Define (Cassian Remix)
11. Rufus – Like an Animal (Keljet Guitar Edit)
12. Disclosure ft Lion Babe – Hourglass
13. Miami Horror – Cruel (Loframes Remix)
14. Alex Metric – Always There